Sunday, May 22, 2011

there's no place like home-

We are home and happy :)Camilla began drinking (without coughing) after about 3:00 pm on Saturday and continued to drink well through the night. We arrived home about 3:00 this afternoon and she was thrilled to be home, exhausted but thrilled.

She is doing so well. Her coloring is fantastic, the incision is big but healthy, her swelling has passed and her smile is slowly returning. We are still dealing with some weakness on the left leg. She is not walking independantly yet but should have no problem regaining full use in the next day or so. The big concern with this is that her mind doesn't yet realize that her leg is not 'up to speed'. She is wanting to 'go' and her leg would make her 'fall' and we have to be very careful with that head! Still alternating tylenol and motrin for pain relief and trying to push food and water every chance we get. She tried to play outside some today but quickly grew tired. Hopefully she will regain her stamina about the time the strength comes back to that leg.

After much deliberation we have decided to post SOME pics of her post-surgery. We will still not publish any that show her swelling, black eyes, etc... but decided to post ones that show what you would see if you see us out and about in the days and weeks to come and yes, that includes the incision...






Sooooooo tired so this will be all for tonight. Thank you all again for the outpouring of love, support and prayers. The dinner tonight was fantastic and the food website is a new thing to me and I'm so grateful - thanks Pam for setting it up and to all who have signed up - you make me smile:)

"For I know the plans I have for you" declares the Lord, "plans to prosper you and not to harm you. Plans to give you hope and a future." Jeremiah 29:11

3 comments:

Anne Johnson said...

She is still beautiful as always! I am so glad that you all are home! I am sure she will recover even better in her own environment! I will be glad to help if you ever need me! Don't hesitate to call! Love you all!

Leah Moore said...

She looks great!!! Being at home is going to help her with the recovery process. Praying for Camilla and your family.

Amanda Sanford said...

That is one sure battle wound! I had envisioned it going vertically, rather than horizontally. Her hair sure covers it well, though!
I will be by with tonight's easy supper in a short while, but I don't want to be in your way so I will be in, out, and on with life! I know Crosby is happy to have yall back!!! I am still praying and still praising! God is SO good, ALL the time!!!