Sunday, May 8, 2011

right around the corner-

9 days - I had tried not to do a countdown but Crosby's first birthday was yesterday the 7th and when I thought about it upon waking up yesterday morning my brain immediately said '10 days'.

10 days to get so much done - so much preparation - she has one week of school left - I have 20 projects I needed to finish before she got out for the summer - I have been cooking double and freezing - I have to pack Crosby and decide were he will be during all of this - I have to tend to everything here so that I can be gone indefinetly - and on top of that there are the emotions of all of this to be dealt with - people are no longer believeing 'she's fine' or 'we're good' - I'm afraid the fear is showing in my eyes - crowds make me anxious - EVERYTHING is overwhelming - and I better stop there before the people show up with a nice white coat for me :)

I won't lie - there have been many more bad days than good lately and the reality and doubts are taking their toll but I continue to find comfort in the Lord and know that Camilla is safely resting in his perfect will. 1 Peter 5:6-11 reminds me to "Humble yourselves, therefore, under God’s mighty hand, that he may lift you up in due time. Cast all your anxiety on him because he cares for you. Be alert and of sober mind. Your enemy the devil prowls around like a roaring lion looking for someone to devour. Resist him, standing firm in the faith, because you know that the family of believers throughout the world is undergoing the same kind of sufferings. And the God of all grace, who called you to his eternal glory in Christ, after you have suffered a little while, will himself restore you and make you strong, firm and steadfast. To him be the power for ever and ever. Amen."

Seizures are better this week than last. We are continuing to learn more about the surgery each day. Please pray for all of us - this is so much more difficult than I ever thought it would be - and I never thought it would be easy - please pray for our 'hope' and 'future' (Jeremiah 29:11)

3 comments:

Cheryl Clarke said...

Praying for you all.
Much love,
Gene and Cheryl Clarke

Whitney said...

Kelly, I will be praying HARD for you guys.

Amanda Sanford said...

Kelley--That passage you typed out was in my quiet time this morning and I got on here to leave the reference, feeling like it could encourage you in these days. And God had already given it to you! That is awesome!!!
I am praying specifically for your "future" and your "hope", and for healing from ALL seizures for Camilla! Can't believe the little man is ONE! Let the kids come play one afternoon/evening so you can tackle a project...we would love to enjoy them both!
I am certainly available to play with Crosby anytime your families want to be with yall in Bham! :)
Much prayer, love and hugs your way!