Tuesday, February 15, 2011

medical update

We've been home a week now and are doing OK on the new meds and with the new Milla. I've had a hard time getting back in the routine of giving meds several times a day so that's something I'm having to adjust to (it's been just at bedtime for awhile now). The new meds don't seemed to have reduced the number of seizures but Camilla's reaction to seizures these days can be shocking. It seems to be easing with each passing day but at first immediately following a seizure she would take of running, scream really loud(as if scared or in pain), jump up and down and clap her hands violently. It was really disturbing but thankfully it does seem to be getting better. Sleep is much better this time around with this med. The first night home she was up 8 times then we went a couple of nights getting up 3 or 4 times and now we are down to just 1 or 2 if at all.

I am to email Dr. Kim tomorrow to let her know how this past week has been. I look for her to begin the Lamictal later this week. We will go for an MRI March 7 and then back to Dr. Kim the week after that. Still looking at surgery sometime in May or June.

"For I know the plans I have for you,” declares the LORD, “plans to prosper you and not to harm you, plans to give you hope and a future." Jeremiah 29:11

2 comments:

Laura K. Morgan said...

Kelley and Brandon
Please know that you and Camilla are in my thoughts so many times each day. Camilla is such a wonderful child. She jumped in my heart the first day I met her and has been there ever since. You will never know how much joy she brought into my life while I worked with her at school. I will continue to pray for you guys and for the Doctors as you all decide what the next best step is for Camilla. Please take some sense of comfort knowing so many people love and care for your precious,beautiful Camilla. I am thankful you have such a supportive. loving family to help you as you make these difficult decisions and to help you get through the good and the not so good days. Take care of little miss sweetie pie! She is awesome.
If there is ever ANYTHING I can do to help you in ANYWAY please do not hesitate to call.
Laura K. Morgan

Amanda Sanford said...

Praise be to God that yall are getting some rest! I have been praying specifically for that!!!

I am so sorry that the seizures continue in spite of medicine and prayers! I am praying already about her surgery, even though it is a few months away! I am still begging God for a miracle between now and then, if it is His will.

She is a doll...you know I love her! She stole a piece of my heart long ago and I never want it back. Please call me or text me if you need me...I can drop off or pick up from school, cook, clean, fold laundry, you name it!

WE LOVE YALL!!!