Thursday, February 3, 2011

medical update

We arrived at Children's at 10:00 today and then had to wait until about 1:00 to get into a room - have you ever waited with Camilla for anything - NOT FUN! We had Camilla and all of our luggage that we had to keep up with for those 3 hours and it was hetic! But thank goodness we got here and got settled before the snow hit. It has been snowing like crazy and all the staff keep talking about is how the roads are closed and they will have to spend the night at the hospital - it's ok with us we the like the batch of nurses on this shift :)
Hooking up the EEG was a chore this time, it took two of us to hold her while the tech attached the leads. It took about an hour and we only had one meltdown during that time (of course we had already had two during the wait). We are now in a room and Brandon and I are taking turns sitting with her and playing. We brought puzzles, books, bubbles, beans, stickers, play-dough, leggos, etc... Thanks Pam for sending that annoying book :) it does keep her occupied! She is VERY active and we are fighting to keep everything attached! Please pray for calmness and her to not get frustrated with us, the nurses or this bed.
Looks like the lumbar puncture will be tomorrow morning. Pray for her as she will not be able to eat for six hours prior - this is a BIG DEAL for her - pray that the test is not delayed for any reason.
I started blogging again because so many were wanting updates so please leave a comment so I'll know that it's helpful. Thanks for your concern and for your prayers - keep 'em coming! I'll try to post some pics soon!

8 comments:

Amanda Sanford said...

I am reading! It is helpful! Praying specifically for calm spirits for all of you, not just Camilla! And, of course, praying for clear answers and course of action! I know this is a big deal to you and so I believe that it is a big deal to God, too! Keep the updates coming and enjoy the snow from inside! We only have rain and a little sleet here, but it is COLD!

danaeddins said...

I'm reading too! And praying! Keep us updated, because we all care about y'all.

Anonymous said...

Thanks for the update...Please continue to leave them so that we know how you all are doing. Tell her we love her!! If I can do anything for you here while you are away, please let me know. Amy Hasty

Anonymous said...

So glad you are blogging so I can keep in touch. I will be praying for you all to have a peaceful and comfortable stay. Although I know NOTHING at Children's is comfortable- not even the chairs!:) Hang in there and God is giving you mountains of strength as you need it so don't worry! Look forward to hearing from you soon!
Teila

Mark, Laurie, Ellie, & Sadie Kate said...

God is good and He is in control! Lean on Him and put all your cares in His hands, after all, He put Camilla in yours.

Anonymous said...

Thanks for sharing Camilla's blog with me. After visiting it for the first time I am now here crying at the computer. I have never been a blogger but this is such a neat way to keep up with things. I am praying for all three of you. I hope Milla will tucker out and get some rest. You will have to hide the book to get a break from it!!lol
Pam Morgan

Angela said...

Thanks Kelly--I had no idea she was doing this until I saw it on Facebook. We will certainly be praying for you guys over the next few days!Please keep us updated on here--blogs are great-for you and for your loved ones!
Praying for you!
Angela and Tommy Lewis

Anonymous said...

I wish I was there with ya'll. I will be there just as soon as possible. Bless her sweet heart. Tell her Nana loves her. I can't wait for that lumbar puncture to be over with. Oh if I could only do it for her. I love ya'll to. See you very soon. ~Nana