Thursday, February 3, 2011

medical update

Finally she is all tuckered out! What an unusual and emotional day for Camilla. I'm sure it is so hard for her to understand why we have to put her through such things but all in all she really does well with whatever we throw at her. She played and fought hard once we got her all hooked up and was really OVER the hospital bed by the time sleep came. She has a VERY small amount of freedom to walk about in the room but the wires aren't very long and the video only picks up about half of the room. Lumbar puncture will come first thing in the morning(hopefully) - they have already placed her IV and is NPO after 2:00 am. She is already bored with most of the toys and activities I brought and our backups (relief and activities) may not be able to travel tomorrow with the weather. So keep the prayers coming and please know that they are being answered - they have been all along:)

I cannot tell you all how much we appreciate your texts, comments, messages, calls, etc.. It means alot to know we have the support of our family, friends and church family! I didn't get to take pics during the hookup but if you're interested in the process and more of what this test involves you can check out the blog archive on the left side of the screen and go to August or September of 2009. Sleep calls so posting pics tonight is not gonna happen - maybe tomorrow?

PS she has been talking in her sleep while I have been posting - incoherent words but she is really telling a story and she is TOTALLY asleep I know this because I am watching her brain waves as she's speaking - WEIRD - I know right?

5 comments:

Sarah Beth said...

Praying for y'all! And for clear readings on the tests. :)

Shea said...

Sorry that she has to endure this. I didnt realize that sje had epilepsy. So sorry but will know what specifically to pray for. Today praying for peace and a good day for you all there. I know full well since beginning our journey with Levi that Gods grace is sufficient and He is good. Bless you all. I will check for updates.

Unknown said...

I hope all is going well this morning. Please know that you are in our thoughts and prayers. She's so blessed that God gave her to such wonderful parents. What a gift.

Candis Lawrence said...

Praying for you all! Looking at my children I can not imagine what's its like to have one stuck in a hospital room for 72 hrs. Hope it goes by fairly quick for all of you and you get good results!

Bedsole Boys said...

One day, Mark and I will be able to get a word in to each other over the constant chatter in our house...I didn't know y'all were in BHM. Boys and I praying for Camilla; Thomas said that God knows what Camilla is saying to everyone in the hospital, wherever he got that from -
We love you all! xoxo