Wednesday, October 12, 2011

medical update-

Quick update tonight because I'm sick - boo. We were able to get Camilla's SPECT scans 'with seizure activity' completed today! Thanks to all of you who were praying! At 8:14 I became so nervous because I had seen where so many people were praying for an 8:15 seizure after my joking about wanting it to be sooner than later. I was nervous due to the fact that one of the leads malfunctioned just before 8:00 which was causing the entire test to give a false readout and we could not inject during this time if she did seize. A third tech was in the room replacing the lead (around 8:15) and as soon as she did it kept detaching. It took awhile for them to get things straightened out and just as the tech confirmed that the readout was accurate and they were retaping her head she seized (8:59). The seizure itself lasted 11 seconds and we injected at 4 seconds into it - plenty of time to do what it needed to do - we were all thrilled and high-fiving like we had just won the world series. lol

Lumbar puncture around 9:00 in the morning and then we may be able to remove the EEG late tomorrow afternoon instead of Friday. PET scan still scheduled for Friday and then HOME.

Hopefully my cold will disappear and I'll feel more like blogging tomorrow. Bless you all for thinking of and praying for our sweet 'baby angel'.

"For I know the plans I have for you" declares the Lord, "plans to prosper you and not to harm you. Plans to give you HOPE and a FUTURE." Jeremiah 29:11

1 comment:

Nancy Seale said...

God answers prayers even when Satan tries to intervene with mechanical problems. I pray for Camilla every day in my quiet time and I will continue.

Love Ya'll,
Nancy Seale