Tuesday, June 14, 2011

quick update-

I don't have time for a thorough update tonight but I want to put out a request to all my praying friends. We returned to Children's again today for the second wound check on her incision and didn't get the report we were hoping for. They are still concerned about the way it is healing and although there are no signs of infection at this time they are concerned that this may become an issue. We now have to go from cleaning one spot on the incision (about 1 inch) twice a day with hydrogen peroxide to cleaning the entire cut (about 7 inches) three times a day with soap and peroxide in addition to washing her hair daily to clean it. Please pray for these cleanings because they are painful for her - it is difficult to hold her down to do them and the soap and peroxide obviously burn or tingle - she is also not very happy with me at all right now because I have to do the majority of them since Brandon is working out of town.

We will return to see Dr. Blount on Monday for the next check and he told us today that if it is not better or if it is still 'headed in the wrong direction' that he will take her back to the OR to clean and restitch the wound (most likely Tuesday). PLEASE PRAY that she does not have to go back to the OR for this and that we can get it turned around this week. I'm so scared that if we put her body through the trauma of another surgery that seizures might return - and we have been four weeks without seeing ANY!!!! I also just don't want to see her have to endure any more pain or any setbacks!!! We know how powerful prayer is - we have felt it through this whole process and right now we COVET your prayers.

More details to follow soon -

"For I know the plans I have for you" declares the Lord, "plans to prosper you and not to harm you. Plans to give you HOPE and a FUTURE." Jeremiah 29:11

1 comment:

Sophie's Story by Elaine said...

First of all...YEAH for no seizures!!! That is WONDERFUL news!!!

Is she picking at her wound? I had that problem with Sophie. I ended up buying a lot of gauze and wrapping her head up like they do for an EEG when she went to bed at night. During the day, I was able to keep an eye on her but at night the picking became a huge problem.

By the way, we were told NOT to use hydrogen peroxide on Sophie when her wound would not heal.